Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


March 5, 2010

Date: March 5, 2010
Theme: I believe
On Air: Frank

Finally a chance to play some new music after many themed shows, this of course created a log jam for my top song of the week as I had lots to choose from. So any of the first three songs could have been the one, but I went with the one I listened to the most over the last few weeks. As it turns out all three are from the labrador record label and are availabe either from the record label website ( www.labrador.se ) or here ( http://bit.ly/bC9Ykj ).

Although I would like to keep the podcast coming out every 2 weeks it seems like I can't do more than one a month. This time I blame the Olympics as I went to Vancouver and that kind of took me off my schedule. However, I did manage to see quite a few bands while I was out there and used that as a theme for a set.


Fireball XL5 Setlist - March 5, 2010
TALK
The Mary Onettes - Dare
The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
Sambassadeur - Stranded
The Ogdens - Rachel Put Your Arms About Me
The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
TALK
Very Truly Yours - Every Little Word
Strawberry Whiplash - Picture Perfect
The Close-ups - 20,000 Groups
Je Suis Animal - Painted My Face
Leaving Mornington Crescent - April Song
TALK (Vancouver 2010 set)
Devo - Secret Agent Man
couer De Pirate - Printemps (C)
Hawksley Workman - No Sissies (C)
Great Lake Swimmers - Pulling On A Line (C)
Library Voices - Kundera On The Dance Floor (C)
TALK
The Ravonettes - Last Dance
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
Bye Bye Bicycle - Westside
Best Coast - Sun Was High (So Was I)
The Lightning Seeds - Sense
TALK
The Fall - Hit The North
Sisty Wish - Float
CC Baxter - Ry Cooder
Metro - Girls In Love
Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
TALK
Sweedish Shoes - Sleep and Eat
Vetiver - Everyday
Pants Yell! - Cold Hands
Javelins - Nosebleeders On The Track
Moustache Of Insanity - 16,000 Kilometres
TALK
EJ Brule - Killer Whale Attack (C)

(C) - Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment