Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


December 24, 2010

As has been my tradition lately I present a continous mix of Christmas music for your seasonal pleasure. Hope everybody has a great holiday. See you in the new year with my Best of 2010 shows.

First song of the show (best Christmas song I heard since the last Christmas show):
Eux Autres - Teenage Christmas (Download the song here: http://euxautres.bandcamp.com/album/another-christmas-at-home )

You can download the latest show directly here:
http://71.18.55.208/2010-12-24_final.mp3


For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

Fireball XL5 Setlist - December 24, 2010
TALK - Theme
Eux Autres - Teenage Christmas
The Pipettes - Santa's On His Way
Komon - Poetry for the Winter
Luckly Lucky pigeons - Red Santa
Hexicon - See That Day
Parker Lewis & Matilda Berggren - All Alone on Christmas (Darlene Love cover)
The Forest & The Trees - Santa Claus is coming
The Silent Boys - Christmas Day Is Here
Jens Lekman - Run Away With Me
David Carswell and Megan Barnes - I Wanna Kiss You This Christmas
The Chills - Christmas Chimes
The Genuine Fakes - All I Want for Christmas
Sofia Talvik - Santa
Metro Jets - Jingle Jangle Christmas
Irene - Christmas on the beach
Holmes - There'll Be No Christmas Without You
Hillary and the Democrats - I Want An Alien For Christmas
Glo-Worm - Holiday
Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet - Faster Santa Claus Ho Ho Ho
The Weisstronauts - Jingle Bells
The Werewands - I've Got A Great Big Christmas Tree
The Birthday Girl vs Alexander's Festival Hall - Hey Santa
B-Lines - I'm Watching TV On Christmas Day
Boyracer - merry xmas (i don't wanna fight)
The Pointed Sticks – Power Pop Christmas
The Magnetic Fields - Everything Is One Big Christmas Tree
DJ Downfall - 2000 Miles (Meek Mix)
Mike Nicolai - christmas is for losers
belle and sebastian - Are You Coming Over For Christmas
Velocity Girl - Merry Christmas, I Love You
Annika Norlin David Sandstrom - Fairytale of New York
The Wedding Present - Holly Jolly Hollywood
Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas
Elisa Gabbai - Winter In Canada
Daryl Reimer - Merry Big Ole Christmas
Help Stamp Out Loneliness - Just Like Xmas (In Cottonopolis)
Art Acoustic - X-mas In The Woods
Sool - Sool Yule Medley
Boney M - Mary's Boy Child (Oh My Lord)
Le Sport, Montt MardiƩ & Mr Suitcase - Last Christmas
Boomdaddy f/Dj Rhymer – Must Be Santa


Fireball XL5 Podcast Homepage: www.fireballxl5.ca

Podcast link: 71.18.55.208/fireballxl5.rss

Facebook group page: www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2437232020

No comments:

Post a Comment