Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


February 26, 2011

Live DJ show Jane Bond.
Setlist for The Coolest Thing About Love 7 - Oscar Edition
February 26, 2011

The sound of Arrows - Danger!
Burning Hearts - Night Animal
My Darling You! - Everything Alright
5.6.7.8`s - WooHoo from Kill Bill (the first of my movie songs for tonight because of the Oscars tomorrow night)
The Hotrats - Damaged Goods
Mates of State - My Only Offer
Gigi - Someone Tell Me Please
James Kirk - Rehab (yes that is his real name)
Kisswhistle - I Dreamed A Genie
Sekiden - S.T.A.Y.
The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir - One Night Stand
My Teenage Stride - Ears Like Golden Bats
Moby - One Of These Days
The Creations - A Dream
Ty Karim - You Just Don`t Know
Bill Withers - Lovely Day (heard this song last week at a strange burlesque variety show and knew I had to play it tonight)
Acid House Kings - Would You Say Stop (The second since from their album coming out next month)
The Mary Onettes - Dare (A request for Michael)
Allo Darlin`- If Loneliness Was Art
Math and Physics Club - Jimmy Had A Polaroid
Knock Knock Ginger - Love Renee (As I said last time I was here, if you come out to my DJ night I`ll play a song by your band)
Mighty Mighty - Law (From the legendary NME C86 compilation)
Pet Shop Boys - You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You Are Drunk
St. Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
I Am The World Trade Center - Future Sightings
Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
B-52s - Summer Of Love
Jimmy Smith - Stay Loose (Either there are a lot of B52 fans here tonight or people were cheering something else)
Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street (what movie is this song from? - answer next tweet)
Casanova Two - We Got To Keep On (The Bobby Woman song was from Jackie Brown)
Lavender Diamond - Open Your Heart
Magnetic Fields - You and Me and The Moon
The Hush Now - The Other Ones (A song I just found out about lately and I am obsessed with it now)
Those Dancing Days - I'll Be Yours (These ladies have been getting better with each single, I'm excited about their first CD next month) **Correction second CD, Whoops my bad
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Stay Alive (I think I have played these guys every time I have DJed here)
Elefant - Misfit
Men Without Hats - Sideways (some cancon)
The Ramones - Howling At The Moon (from the movie Roadkill that had its world premier across the street)
The Clash - 1-2 Crush on You
Little Boots - Crush on You (Sorry my internet went down there for a bit)
Lindstrom and Christabelle - Lovesick
The Friend - New Berlin Wall
New Order - Krafty
The Drums - Don't Be A Jerk, Johnny (another band I always play)
The Dramatics - All Because Of You
The Flirtations - Stronger Than Her Love
Plantium Pied Pipers - On A Cloud
Prince and the New Power Generation - Cream
Stevie Wonder - That Girl (another song I heard last week that I knew I was going to play tonight)
Head Automatica - Please Plese Please (A request from the audience)
Hot Chip - I Feel Better
Onward Chariots - Seven Miles Away
Yo La Tengo - Let's Save Tony Orlando's House (got to love a Simpon's reference in a song title)
Shirley Horn - Come Dance With Me
David Holmes - $160 Million Chinese Man (from the ocean's 11 soundtrack)
Belle and Sebastian - The Boy with the Arab Strap (from the movie 500 Days of Summer)
Burning Hearts - Iris
Iced Bears - Balloon song
Saturday Looks Good To Me - The Girl Distracted
Eytan Mirsky - I just Wanna Be Your Steve McQueen (from the movie The Tao of Steve)
Comet Gain - A Kind of Loving
Lucky Soul - A Coming of Age
Annette Funicello - Bikini Beach
The Shermans - Summer In Your Heart
Acid Test - Mr. Skin (from the movie Highway 61)
Franka Potente and Thomas D - Wish (Komm Zu Mir) (from the movie Run Lola Run)
Bocce - Mr. X
Starbeam - Gary Numanm (from a great little known album)
Carmel - Easy for you
The Pipettes - Because It's not Love (But It's still a feeling) (This might be the last high energy song of the night)
Jean Paul Young - Love is in the Air (from the movie Strickly Ballroom)
Telepopmusik - Breathe
Brandi Disterheft - Twilight Curtain
Earth, Wind, and Fire - Getaway (I've always wanted to play these guys here but have been too afraid)
Smokey Robinson - Love Bath (what a great song title)
The XX - Crystalised
Major Lance - Rhythm
Hot 8 Brass Band - Sexual Healing (always regret that I didn't go to Toronto when these guys played a few years ago)
Lloyd Cole - Don't Look Back
The Smittens - 11:11

No comments:

Post a Comment