Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


September 25, 1998

Fireball XL5 - Sep 25/1998

Payback - I get dizzy
John Bottomley - Oh my love
The Smugglers - Alan Thicke
TALK-Theme
the Evaporators - Suharto Stomp
Heavy Blinkers - Fishes
Piegoma Rulana & Pacande - Ana Juaquina
the Swing Set - For a Better World
Tamara Williamson - Get an Ulcer
TALK
Billy Bragg & Wilco - Walt Whitman's Niece
Liz Phair - Headache
Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach - The Long Division
Natalie Merchant - Break you heart
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Wash Jones
TALK
Thee Goblins - Mario Cuomo works at Domo **Note 1
The Goblins - Teabagging
Belle and Sebastian - Dirty Dream No. 2
Child - Beads
Mercury Rev - Hudson Line
Pansy Division - Sidewalk Sale
TALK
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Blondie - Call Me
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
Local H - All the kids are right
Rheostatics - Frank
Ron Sexsmith - Clown in Broad Daylight
TALK
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
Bad Livers - I'm convicted
Morrissey - Sister I'm a Poet
Frank Black & the Catholics - I Gotta Move
TALK
Barbra Manning - Blood of Feeling


Note 1: When thee Goblins (band featuring Narduwar) sing "Mario Cuomo
works at Domo" what does Domo stand for? Perhaps Domino's Pizza? And the
following song by the Goblins is called Teabagging, which director John
Waters says is the act of hitting your parter in the face with your
scrotum, I think that is what the Goblins song is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment