Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


January 1, 1999

I was lucky to be joined this show by a bevy of people who shared their
best of the year on the subjects of music, movies and tv, although there
was no concensus about anything.


Fireball XL5 Playlist Jan 1/1999

Finnigan's Tongue - Underground
Child - Coatcheck Girl
Thee Goblins - Mario Cuomo Works at Domo
Evaporators - I Gotta Rash
TALK-Theme
(Michelle's Set)
Kristen Hersh - Home
Liz Phair - Perfect World
David Holmes - Jailbreak
Beck - Tropicalla
Cake - Never There
TALK
(Frank's Set)
Beastie Boys - Body Movin'
Chixdiggit - Getting' Air
Chixdiggit - Nobody
Billy Bragg & Wilco - Heastitating Beauty
Billy Bragg & Wilco - California Stars
TALK
(Dave's Set - except the Rufus Wainwright a request)
Portishead - Glory Box
Massive Attack - Teardrop
The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
Bran Van 3000 - Mama Don't Smoke
Rufus Wainwright - In My Arms
TALK
(Derek's Set)
Belle & Sebastian - Dirty Dream No. 2
Barbra Manning - Your Pies
Mercury Rev - Tonite it Shows
Bruce Springsteen -Man at the Top
World Standard - Good Red Road
TALK
(Sari's Set)
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Jon Spenser Blues Explotion - Do You Wanna Get Heavy
Calexico - Trigger
Bad Livers - Captain, Oh Captain
TALK
(more of Frank's picks)
Bob Wiseman - You Don't Love Me
Ivan - Forever
TALK
Fat Boy Slim - Rockafeller Skank





No comments:

Post a Comment