Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


April 22, 1999

It seems like just last week I was writing one of these, actually it was,
because Charlene (the person I alternate with) called me last Friday and
asked me to do the show because she was tired. So this show I had an
excuse not to have anything prepared before the show, I threw together
some vinyl albums that I've been gradually transporting from my parents
house. It also turned out that a lot of show was on vinyl. In case you
are interested Charlene and I are now alternating so Fireball XL5 will be
back in two weeks.


Fireball XL5 Setlist April 22/ 1999

B'Ehl - Mies Pleez *
Jim Guthrie - Roads & Paper Routes
Justin Curtis - Just Tell My Why
TALK - Theme
Piggy - Gottingen Street * These two songs were not
Spirit of the West - Gottingen Street * the same.
Ron Sexsmith - Average Joe
One Shot Left - For Granted
Sons of Freedom - Mona Lisa *
TALK
Dead Milkmen - You'll Dance to Anything * (Request) ** see Note 1
The Cure - Standing on a Beach
New Order - ICB *
Bad March + Shri - Distrubed Synapses
Random - Crate on a Sofa
Fatboy Slim - Soul Surfing
Stereolab - The Light the will Cease to fail
Saint Etienne - You're in a Bad Way
TALK
Ben Lee - Burn to Shine
Wilton Said - In My Dreams
Poi Dog Pondering - Hard Sometime
Wilco - ELT
King Missle - Detachable Penis (Request)
TALK
Grover Washington Jr - Just the Two of Us *
Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis - You Don't Need to be a Star *
Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find *
The Gap Band - Early in the Morning *
Earth, Wind, and Fire - Can't Let Go *
TALK
The Gruesomes - Why Me *

* Vinyl

** Note 1 - I always play the Cure after the Dead Milkmen song as it seems
like they are talking about Robert Smith "they come over here with their
big hair intent on taking our money" but when they go through the bands at
the end they mention the Smiths, Depeche Mode, etc. but they don't mention
the Cure. I have always wondered if this was on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment