Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


July 23, 1999

We started off with Tom Waits because of his upcoming concert in Toronto
after a 12 year absence, which Michelle is particularly excited about
since she has tickets. This led into the 2 Hillside sets (which put our
Canadian content over 50%) which occured last weekend, it was a great
festival with lots of interesting workshops (including one on canoe trip
preparation), good food and bands.

This past weekend Michelle, Derek, Sari, and I went to Boston for the
Civil Holiday long weekend, so I'm going to play a set of music of bands
from the Boston area, if you have any suggestions send them along (no New
Kids on the Block requests please).


Fireball XL5 - Setlist July 23/1999

TALK-Theme
Tom Waits - Big in Japan
Saddlesores - Pour me Whiskey
Frank Sinatra - Shadows in the Sand
Nat King Cole - Mona Lisa
Duke Ellington - Heaven
TALK (Hillside Set)
House of Velvet - Poison Ivy
Dream Warriors - Wash Your Face
The Sidemen - When the Sun Goes Down
By Divine Right - Come for a Ride
Emm Gryner - Summerlong
TALK (Hillside Set)
Sloan - Take it in
Corduroy Leda - Trigger
Jane Sibery - Temple
Sarah Slean - Angel
Ron Sexsmith - Right About Now
TALK (Moon Set)
REM - Man on the Moon (suggested by Karen)
Cowboy Junkies - Blue Moon Revisited
Nanci Griffith - Once in a Very Blue Moon
Magnetic Fields - You me and the Moon
Stompin Tom - The Man-moon Newfie
Waterboys - Whole of the Moon (suggested by Pauline)
TALK
Chemical Brothers - Out of Control
Harry Adamson/Nick Cave - Sweet Embrace
Flin Flon - Ukrania
TALK
Jonathan Richman - New England



No comments:

Post a Comment