Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


October 15, 1999

In a vain attempt to be cool and hip I have created a website for the
show (next I will be growing a goatee and getting multiple piercings or
it that already passe). The URL is: www.civil.uwaterloo.ca/frseglen
I tried to make it simple and easy to navigate, it includes a searchable
archive of the setlists and a history of what I have done on various
stations in my campus radio career. If you have any suggestions or notice
any glaring errors please pass them along.

As always the Oktoberfest show started with the Wetspots and the
Blitzkrieg Polka (not to be confused with the Ramones Blitzkrieg Bop)
and then more polka than anybody can stand (3 songs). As promised
there was a set of music about the Fight Club which Michelle and I had
gone to see the week before, I'm still undecided about the movie, I liked
the first part however the second half gets a be too much when they take
the Fight Club to the next level. A couple of songs I couldn't find for
the fight set were "Kung Fu Fighting" and "Momma Said Knock you Out".

The next show will be Oct 29, I know its a cliche but what the hell, its
going to be a Halloween show, I think we can actually keep it up for the
entire two hours, the hard part will be the Can/Con thing. If you have
any suggestions send them along.

Fireball XL5 Setlist Oct 15, 1999
TALK-Theme
Wetspots - Blitzkrieg Polka
Romaniacs - PJ Polka
Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper - Polka Polka
Polkacide - Martha Polka
The Sadies - Locust Eater
Huevous Rancheros - Wild Turkey Surprise
TALK (Fight Set)
Wierd Paul - Whaling the Shit out of Guys
Beastie Boys - Fight for your Right to Party
Public Enemy - Party for your Right to Fight
Brian McKnight & Diana King - When we were Kings - from the Documentary
Old 97s - Murder (or a heartattack) - from the album Fight Songs
Johnny Cash - Boy Named Sue
TALK
Local Rabbits - Stomp your British Knights down
Flashing Lights - Talk to the Hand
The Chills - Song for Randy Newman
Boo Radleys - Barney (.. and me)
G Love and Special Sauce - Rodeo Clowns
Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals - Steal my Kisses
Sarah Slean - Playing cards with Judas
TALK (one of these songs was a request, guess which one)
The Sweater Girls - Nail me to Lacrosse
Bruce Cockburn - Down the Delta
Kaiser and Plimley - Jigsawin Glass
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Watershell - Calling Elan
Madder Rose - Something
Circle Jerks - Coup D'Etat
TALK (tribute to Wilt Chamberlain)
Kool and Gang - Slam Dunk

No comments:

Post a Comment