Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


November 27, 1999

Yes, once again we were on the air this past week, I still haven't been
able to get in touch with the guy I'm "supposed" to be alternating with.
Also once again I did a spotlight on somebody I didn't see, the Wednesday
before the show Lloyd Cole played in Toronto, but because I didn't hear
about it in time as I was on vacation I couldn't get a ticket.

Fireball XL5 Setlist - November 27, 1999

Child - Coatcheck Girl
Saddlesores - Skin it off
New Grand - Girls (Treat 'em right)
Show Business Giants - Fireball XL5
TALK
Rawlins Cross - Coleen
Supreme Bagg Team - Flip, Flop, & Fly
The Gruesomes - Quand Je March Dans Ca Rue (Dedcation to the Quebec
Deadcats - Tough Enough election)
Station Twang - Jet Stream
TALK
Gaffer - Plotting Logic (Request)
Afrika Bambaataa & James Brown - Unity
Depeche Mode - Its no good
REM - Hope
Beck - Bottle of Blues
TALK
Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Four Flights Up (Rattlesnakes)
Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Why I love country music (Easy Pieces)
Lloyd Cole - Long Way Down (Lloyd Cole)
Lloyd Cole - Weeping Wine (Don't get wierd on me babe)
Lloyd Cole - Trigger Happy (Love Story)
Pansy Division - Bad Boyfriend
Momus - To Everyone I've ever slept with
TALK
Maynard Ferguson - Just Friends
Spritiulized - Electricity
The Crystal Method - Comin' Back (the Lights Southern Mix)
TALK
808 State - Pacific 808


No comments:

Post a Comment