Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


August 4, 2000

Fireball XL5 Setlist August 4, 2000

TALK-Theme
Johnny El Camino (C) - Big
The Jolly Llamas (C) - 51st State
Kinnie Starr (C) - Red
Reset (C) - Pressure
Kevin Westphal (C) - The Gas Song
TALK
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (live)
The Dandy Warhols - Sleep
Looper - These Things
Superfunk - Endless Street
R. Kelly - Up & Outta Here (from the Shaft soundtrack)
TALK (for the Queen Mum's 100th Birthday)
Tragically Hip (C) - Ahead by a Century
100 Flowers - All Sexed Up
The Zambonis - Slapshot Love (from the album 100% Hockey)
Supreme Bagg Team (C) - 20th Century Dog Faced Boy
Matthew Sweet - Sick of Myself (from the album 100% fun)
Mule - 100 Years
TALK (7 degrees of Jamyz Bee) Band members (not complete list)
Look People (C) - Stop Making Cheese Jamyz Bee, Great Bob Scott
Jamyz Bee (C) - Havabanana Jamyz Bee, Great Bob Scott
Astrogroove (C) - In the Begining Great Bob Scott, Richard Underhill
Suffle Demons (C) - Yukon Girl Richard Underhill, Mike Murley
Timewarp (C) - Catalyst Mike Murley
TALK
RunDMC - King of Rock ** See Note 1

(C) Denotes Canadian Content

Note 1: RunDMC was featured on Much More Music Behind the Music last
week, the most amazing thing I found out was that when they were first
starting out Darryl McDaniels (DMC) had stage fright so he would polish
off a 40 ouncer of beer before each show. Eventually he got hooked and
was up to 20 40 ouncers every day until he ended up in the hospital and
told that if he kept drinking it would kill him. I also found out that
RUN is now Reverend Run and preaches at his local church. They are
trying to work on an album but DMCs voice is now a lot deeper and he
doesn't want to rap in the RunDMC style anymore. I think this is good,
in fact for me they could have stopped after the King of Rock album.
One of the first "Rock and Roll" shows I ever saw was RunDMC playing
the Diamond club in Toronto in 1986 I was underage and my brother went
with me, that was very nice of him as I don't know if he was that big
of a fan of the band, I must thank him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment