Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


January 20, 2006

Theme: Newer music
On Air: Frank


I was planning on doing a show with lots of new releases, but in looking at the new release section at the station there wasn't a whole lot of CDs that caught me eye. Good thing I brought a lot of new music myself.

At the end of the first set I played a song by local band the Haunches. On their website they invite you to remix their songs and send them your results. See details here: www.dadmobile.com/haunches/remix/

I ended with a song by the Stars whom I saw with Mary and Chris in Regina a couple of Fridays ago (that is why I missed the last radio show in case anybody noticed or cared).


TALK-Theme
The Ordinary Boys - Life Will Be The Death Of Me
Knock Knock Ginger - You Could've Been My Johnny Marr (C)
The Smiths - You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby
Electronic - Getting Away With It
The Haunches - Vampirella (C)
TALK
Geoff Berner - Maginot Line (C)
The Sadies - Little Sadie (C)
Neko Case - Mood To Burn Bridges (C)
OK GO - You're So Damn Hot
Controller.Controller - Poison/Safe
TALK
Youth Gone Mad - The Streets Of Southern California
The Duke Spirit - Love Is An Unfamiliar Name
The Polytones - King of Siam (C)
EFarm - Used To Know (C)
The Dropouts - Sucker Punch (C)
TALK
Magneta Lane - The Constant Lover **Telephone Request
The Lovekevins - Soviet.Se
The Honest Johns - Perfect Girl
Port City - Meanwhile The Months Go By (C)
Fun100 - Hygiene Boy (C)
Ninja High School - By Purpose Not By Plan (C)
TALK
The Hummers - Au Feu (C)
Scott Free & Nicola Torriero featuring Joseph Watson - Get It Together (C)
Sucking Chest Wound - Who Shot The Pope? (C)

TALK
Stars - Soft Revolution (C)


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment