Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


April 14, 2006

Theme: New CDs
On Air: Frank


This past week I got to play songs from the six new CDs that I had received in the mail before the last show, in fact I got them the day before the last show so some of them I didn't even get to listen to before I played them on the air. The rest of the sets were a mis-mash of new stuff and the usual upcoming shows at the Starlight set.

TALK-Theme
Knock, Knock, Ginger - Virginia Black (C)
The D'Ubervilles - War on the Poor (C)
The Doers - Wicked World (C)
Daniel Johnson - Crazy Love
The Miniatures - Any Day Now (C)
The Stolen Minks - Chug A Lug (C)
TALK
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Parakit
The Honest Johns - Judas In Me Singing
Lovejoy - Everybody Hates Us And We Don't Care
James Kirk - Rehab
The Silent Boys - Wishing Well Eyes
TALK
Of Montreal - Requim for O.M.M.
Acid House Kings - 7 Days
S'Ambassadeur - Between The Lines
Morrissey - You Have Killed Me
The Charade - Monday Morning
TALK
Carolyn Mark - 2 Days Smug and Sober (C)
Luther Wright and Wrongs - Celia (C)
Oh Susanna - King's Road (C)
Young and Sexy - Conventional Lullabies (C)
Gentleman Reg - Plan On Including Me (C)
TALK
Jonathan Richman - Roadrunner #1 **Digital Vinyl
Pretty Girls Make Graves - Parade
We Are Scientists - Nobody Move, Nobody Gets Hurt
Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs - Fancy
TALK
Look People - Stop Making Cheese (C) **Digital Vinyl
Scarbora Aquarium Club - Queen of the Beach (C)
TALK
Massive Attack - Be Thankful For What You've Got





(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment