Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


December 22, 2006

Theme: Playing Christmas of course
On Air: Frank

I think I did pretty good job of playing mostly new (ie. songs I have never played before) for this year's Christmas show. The highlights were the first and last songs, do yourself a favour and listen to both of them. The starting song was a great 60s German tune extolling the glories of winter in Canada while the last song was recorded and sent to me by my friend Darryl Reimer from Vancouver. Both are sure to return to future Christmas shows.

My favourite discovery during the show was a new album by the Bell Rays that included the song "All I wanna Do Is Shag For Christmas" that went well with a Fireball XL5 Christmas favourite "Back Door Santa".

TALK - Theme
Elisa Gabbai - Winter in Canada
Stufan Stevens - Get Behind Me, Santa
Aztec Camera - Walk Out To Winter
Badly Drawn Boy - Donna and Blitzen
Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas (C)
TALK
David Carswell and Megan Barnes - I Wanna Kiss You This Christmas (C)
The Naked and the Dead - Ornament (C)
The dbs - Christmastime
Yo La Tengo - Rock'N'Roll Santa
The Ramones - Merry Christmas
The Lickity Splits - You Set My Christmas Tree On Fire
TALK
Clarence Carter - Back Door Santa
The Bell Rays - All I Wanna Do Is Shag For Christmas
Solomon Burke - Presents For Christmas
The Sonics - Don't Believe In Christmas
Shuffle Demons - Jingle Bells (C)
TALK
The Stars - Fairytale of New York (C)
The Diskettes - Noel (C)
Buck - Santa Baby (C)
The Pipettes - In The Bleak Mid-Winter
Young and Sexy - Santa Claus Likes Rich Kids Better (C)
TALK
The Morrisettes - Canadian Christmas
Elvis - Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me
The Gems - Love For Christmas
Mojo Nixon - Christmas Christmas
Eels - Everything's Going To Be Cool This Christmas
TALK
Fountains of Wayne - Man In The Santa Suit
Montreal Jubilation Choir - Go Tell It On The Mountain (C)
Julie London - I'd Like You For Christmas
Eisley - The Winter Song
Claudine Longet - Snow
The Pretenders - 2000 Miles
TALK
Darryl Reimer - Merry Big Ole Christmas (C)


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment