Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


August 15, 2008

Theme: Baseball and blip.fm
On Air: Frank

I was happy with my first non-CKMS podcast, however I am still working out some of the bugs in my system. Thus I apologize for any uneven levels, blowing into the microphone, and songs playing on while I was talking.

As for the show, Derek sent me a song by The baseball project, an album of songs about baseball put together by Steve Wynn and Scott McCaughey. The song I played, "The Yankee Flipper", chronicles the time that Jack McDowell gave the finger to the New York fans and the events that lead up to that moment. Read more about the baseball project here http://www.yeproc.com/artist_info.php?artistId=12539 .

I also did a set of songs that I found out about through the website blip.fm , where people recommend songs (or "'blip" them) along with short comments on the songs. I played a few songs from two of my favourite DJs on blip, Seeshell and VanillaJ, unfortunately you have to sign up as a DJ in order to see their picks, but it is free and quick.

One of reasons that I have to go on with the show is my reaction when I heard about the passing of Isaac Hayes, the first thing I thought was "I should play an Isaac Hayes song on my next show".



TALK-Theme
The Baskervilles - A Little More Time
Sunny Summer Day - Something In Your Eyes
The Pipettes - I Like A Boy In Uniform (School Uniform)
Montt Mardie - Set Sail Tomorrow
TALK (Baseball Set)
The Baseball Project - The Yankee Flipper
Belle and Sebastian - Piazza, New York Catcher
Courtney Love - Baseball Bat
The Bookmen - Huggin' At My Pillow (C)
TALK (blip.fm set)
Noah And The Whale - 2 Atoms In A Molecule
Preston School Of Industry - Caught In The Rain
The Dodos - Walking
Land Of Talk - All My Friends
TALK (laid back set)
Rilo Kiley - Science Vs. Romance
Neal Halstead - Queen Bee
Miracle Fortress - Have You See In Your Dreams
Hello Saferide - Anna
TALK (bit more of a rock set)
The Ackermans - Song In Your Street
The Blows - Two Minutes
Telekinesis! - All Of A Sudden
Good Shoes - Small Town Girl
TALK (back to pop)
The Gresham Flyers - Foolscap
The Helio Sequence - Can't Say No
The Greencoats - Honey
The Shermans - Falling Out Of Love
TALK (funky set)
Juvelen - Don't Mess
Michael Franti and Spearhead - Say Hey (I Love You)
PPP (Platinum Pied Pipers) - On A Cloud
The Greyboy Allstars - Still Waiting
TALK
Isaac Hayes - Never Can Say Goodbye


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment