Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


June 11, 2009

Theme: The New York City Popfest
On Air: Frank

This show highlighted my experience at the New York Popfest back in May, in fact the first two sets were from CDs that I bought at the festival. The next set was a combination of other bands that played the festival and songs that were covered during the shows.

Overall, it was a great time and of course being in New York City is always cool, especially walking around Harlem at 2 in the morning. The best conversation I overheard on the subway was one teenage girl telling her friend that she was bummed that she didn't have her iPod, the cops took it when she got busted and she hasn't had the time to get up to the Bronx and get it back, but she only has a month to do it.

I won't go into a detailed description of the festival here as you can see the daily summary of my impressions of the New York Popfest on the Wall the Fireball XL5 radio show facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2437232020

Fireball XL5 Setlist - June 11, 2009
Smittens - 11:11
My Teenage Stide - Grim Wind
Cats On Fire - Steady Pace
Eux Autres - When I'm Up
TALK
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Loop Duplicate My Heart
Burning Hearts - Iris
Pants Yell! - Tried To Be Good
A Faulty Chromosome - Bad Things
TALK
The Radio Dept. - Freddie And The Trojan Horse
The Drums - Me And The Moon
Very Truly Yours - Homesick
The Sixths - Falling Out Of Love (With You)
Matt Pond PA - In The Aeroplanes Over The Sea
The Go-Betweens - People Say
TALK
The Lucksmiths - Good Light
Spent - Excuse Me While I Drink Myself To Death
Surf City - Dickshakers Union
Pretend You're Happy - The Other Side Of The Earth
Matt & Kim - Daylight
TALK
Threatmatics - Big Man
The Interiors - My Little Pony
Ribbons - Plain
The Fizzbombs - Sign On The Line
TALK
Nouvelle Cuisine - Comunicacion no verbal


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment