Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


September 25, 2009

Theme: I heart Cloudberry Records
On Air: Frank

This show started with two sets dedicated to the record label Cloudberry records ( www.cloudberryrecords.com ). Their website describes themselves as "an indiepop label purveying the sound of jangly guitars based in sunny Miami, Florida", how could I not love them. They look to specialize in shorter products such as 7 inch vinyl, split CD singles, and mini-CDs. The other cool think is that for pretty much all their releases they have at least one song that you can download for free.

I also put in an ectro-pop and funky set, something I haven't done in a while, so that was nice.


Things I referenced on the show:

Maia Hirasawa - The Wrong Way Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEnMc9xakeg

link to soul sides blog:

http://soul-sides.com/


Fireball XL5 Setlist - September 25, 2009
TALK (Cloudberry Records 1)
The Parellelograms - Dream On Daisy
The Shandy Express - Surfing On Love's Wave
Girl Alliance - Frances And The Dancing Fairies
Pale Man Made - In Your Bed
Play People - Goes Out
TALK (Cloudberry Records 2)
Twig - Ciao Ciao Bomb
Kevin McGrother - A Week Of Wednesdays
The Tartans - My Baby Doesn't Care For You
The Westfield Mining Disaster - Hank Williams Saved My Life
The Cavalcade - Meet You In The Rain
TALK
So Many Dynamos - New Bones
Golden Glow - Adore Me
Voxtrot - Trepanation Party
Astrid Swan - Unrelated
Bad Hands featuring Nina Kinert - Badn Hands
TALK
Jenny Wilson - Only Here For The Fight
The Bandwagon - Breaking Down The Walls Of Heartache
Lydia Marcell - The Girl He Needs
The Impossibles - Easy To Be Heard
Melvin Bliss - Synthetic Substitution
TALK
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Higher Than The Stars
Horse Shoes - The Imperial School
Rubik - No Escape
Afternoon Naps - Beach Bums
Maia Hirasawa - The Wrong Way
TALK
Free Energy - Free Energy
The singles - can you go out tonight


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment