Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


November 26, 2010

I never really know when to consider that an album has actually been released? Maybe I'm old school but I like to see the physical copies before I think of an album as being released. So although the new Knock, Knock, Ginger album "We're headed for a fall" is available from the
Dadmobile website: http://www.dadmobile.com/kkg/fall/ the physical CDs won't be available until sometime next year, thus in my mind it is a 2011 release.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that everybody should go to the site and download the
album for free and of course a little bit of monetary support to the band would also be cool (which can be done right on the website above).

I had my favourite song from the album narrowed down to two songs, in the end I picked "Safety in Letters", I'll leave the other one for another show. The rest of the first set was some newer indie pop followed by the second set where I went a bit retro with songs from The Magic Numbers, Sloan, and the Go-Betweens. The next two sets went from electo-pop to some funky old soul.


Websites I mentioned during the show

The Muffs video for Really Really Happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-95YiV82YA&feature=channel

See all of Wild Nothing's 50 favorite songs of the 80s:

http://best.complex.com/lists/wild-nothings-50-favorite-songs-of-the-80s


First song of the show (best song I heard since the last show):
Knock Knock Ginger - Safety In Letters (Download not just this song but the whole thing : http://www.dadmobile.com/kkg/fall/ )

You can download the latest show directly here:
http://71.18.55.208/2010-11-26_final.mp3


For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

Fireball XL5 Setlist - November 26, 2010
TALK - Theme
Knock Knock Ginger - Safety In Letters (C)
Pipas - Basements
Starry Eyes - Veronica Falls
Snog 6 - Sainsburys
The Muffs - Really Really Happy
TALK
Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You
Sloan - Everything You've Done Wrong (C)
Rorschach - Gabriel
June Brides - In The Rain
The Go-Betweens - Right Here
TALK
Eels - Spectacular Girl
LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum
Sally Seltmann - Harmony To My Heartbeat
The Wake - O Pamela
TALK
Daft Punk - High Life
Dancehall Free For All - Something Collective (C)
Confunktion - Time
Kool Blues - I'm Going To Keep On Loving You
Faithless - Miss U Less, See U More
TALK
Calvin Johnson And The Sons Of The Soil - Can We Kiss

(C) - Canadian Content


Fireball XL5 Podcast Homepage: www.fireballxl5.ca

Podcast link: 71.18.55.208/fireballxl5.rss

Facebook group page: www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2437232020

No comments:

Post a Comment