Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


April 23, 2011

Live DJ show Jane Bond.
Setlist for The Coolest Thing About Love 9 - Easter Edition
March 26, 2011

The Cloud Room - Hey Now Now
Seymore Saves The World - Summer 2005
Shout Out Louds - Tonight I Have To Leave It
Winston - Saying the Same Thing
The Zutons - You Will You Won`t
The Equals - Mary Jane (I really don`t know if this song is about pot or not)
Tower of Power - What Is Hip?
Kidstreet - X (Karl from the band is in audience, continuing my pledge to play songs by people who are actually come out to the bar)
Tracey Thorn - It's All True
Pet Shop Boys - Go West
Dimitri From Paris f. Pascal Pioux - The Place is Rockin'
Fitz and the Tantrums - Pickin' Up The Pieces
The Commodores - Brick House
Ty Karim - You Just Don't Know
Willie Dixon - Our Kind Of Love
Young Galaxy - Outside The City
The Futureheads - Decent Days and Nights (getting back to the indie pop)
The Gresham Flyers - Shiftwork
Murdery Mystery - Change My Mind
The Salteens - If Love is Gone Where Do We Go From Here?
Sambassadeur - Days
The School - Hoping and Praying
The Charade - Mondy Morning
The Pipettes - Why Did You Stay?
New Order - Wierdo
The Originals - Down to Love Town
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
Cassius f Jocelyn Brown - I'm a Woman
Black Grape - In the Name of the Father (how about this as my song for Easter?)
Fishbone - Freddie's Dead (transition song between the funky and rock)
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - My Terrible Friend (from their latest album which is quite good by the way)
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love?
Neverever - Teardrop Tattoo
The Ravonettes - That Great Love Sound
Modern Lovers - I Fell Asleep In Your Arms
The Jessica Fletchers - Summer Holiday and me
Tullycraft - The Punks Are Writing Love Songs
Dum Dum Girls - Jail la la
Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) (get ready for the power pop after this song)
Those Dancing Days - Help Me Close My Eyes (from their latest album which is quite good by the way)
The Airborne Toxic Event - Does This Mean You're Moving On
Lucky Soul - Add Your Light To Mine Baby
Belle and Sebastian - Sukie In The Graveyard
Acid House Kings - Are We Lovers or Are We Friends? (from their latest album which is quite good by the way)
The Divine Comedy - At The Indie Disco
The Smiths - William, It Was Really Nothing
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - 1999
The Drums - Saddest Summer
The Go! Team - Secretary Song
Los Campesinos! - Ways To Make It Through The Wall
I Am The World Trade Center - Love Tragedy
Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel - White Lines
Earth, Wind, and Fire - Shining Star
The Gap Band - Early in the Morning (about the last 3 songs, welcome to my high school memories)
Prince and the New Power Generation - Strollin' (for Sarah)
Velma Cross and Her High Steppers - I'll Be Oh So Good
Skeeter Davis - Let Me Get Close To You
Kool and the Gang - Ladies Night (request for Milosz)
Constellation Orchestra - Funk Encounter
Tommy Neal - Going To A Happening (request played from an Ipod)
Lou Johnson - Magic Potion
Johnny Watson - I Say, I Love You
Dion - I Was Born to Cry
Gigi f Rose Melberg - Alone On The Pier
She & Him - This Is Not A Test
Freshwater Drum - Part Of Your Painting (a song I digitized from a cassette)
The The - The Beat(en) Generation
Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind
Guided By Voices - Chasing Heather Crazy (place has really cleared out, might be an early night for all)
Library Voices - Step Off The Map and Float
The Earaches - Not The Kinda Man I Am
The Primary 5 - Mail Man
Smith Westerns - Weekend
The XX - Islands
The 6th - Heaven In A Black Leather Jacket
The Whitest Boy Alive - Intentions (thanks to Eric for this one)
Skye Edwards - Love Show
Louis Philippe - Heaven Is Above Your Head
Dent May and His Magnificient Ukulele - When You Were Mine (this should get the last of the "sippers" out)
Bullfrog - Beautiful
The Smittens - 11:11

No comments:

Post a Comment