Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


November 19, 2011

Live DJ show Jane Bond.
Setlist for Coolest Thing About Love 12 - Prince Edition

The Kooks - Junk of the Heart
The Sweet Homewreckers - Wild America
Amida - It Started in Naples
Air Miami - World Cup Fever
The Whitest Boy Alive - Intentions
Young Galaxy - Peripheral Visonaries (already the second Canadian song tonight)
Prince - Diamonds and Peals (the first of many Prince or Prince related songs I'll be playing tonight)
Margie Johnson - One More Chance
Eddie Hollins - I Couldn't Cry If I Wanted to
The Airborne Toxic Event - Does This Mean You're Moving On?
Here We Go Magic - Collector
Pipas - Jean C
Vic Pitts Cheaters - Loose Boodie
Tower of Power - You're So Wonderful, So Marvelous
Prince - Guitar (from his album Planet Earlh)
The Virgins - Private Affair
Men Without Hats - Sideways
The Modern Lovers - Astral Plane (this one might be kind of stretch for this crowd)
Hooded Fang - Land of Giants (more great Can Con)
Shrag - Rabbit Kids
Matt & Kim - Daylight
Chalk and Number - He Knew
The Chambers Brothers - Uptown
Weird War - Girls Like That
Ruth Brown - 5-10-15 Hours
Otis Redding - Shout Bamalama (a request from the audience and a good one)
Prince - Delerious
Mr. Suitcase - You Don't Smile Anymore
Cut Copy - Saturdays (another great request from the same person)
Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions
The Cure - Hot Hot Hot
Fatboy Slim - Talkin' About My Baby (you have to slow things down every once in a while)
Ivy - Streets of Your Town
The Crash - Pony Ride
Paul Weller - From the Floorboards up
Yuck - The Wall
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Say No to Love
Dump - Erotic City (yes Prince covers count)
The Wedding Present - Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
Wild Nothing - Live In Dreams
Persian Rugs - Always All
Razika - Why Have We To Wait
Craft Spells - You Should Close The Door
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Round and Round
Prince and Sheena Easton - You've Got The Look
Sheila E - The Glamorous Life
Milton Wright - My Ol' Lady (one of the best soul songs I've heard lately)
Billy Butler - Right Track
Mark Ronson With Amy Whinehouse - Valerie
Mayer Hawethorne - Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin'
The Stone Roses - Fool's Gold
Saint Etienne - Lose That Girl
Lykke Li - Breaking it up
Jonna Lee - Dried Out Eyes (just got a thumbs up from an audience member for the Lykke Li)
Acid House Kings - Would You Say Stop?
Go Sailor - Windy (probably the most twee I'll get tonight)
TV Girl - Baby You Were there
Jens Lekman - Maple Leaves
The The - Slow Emotional Replay
Dent May and His Magnificent Ukelele - When You Were Mine (another Prince cover)
Prince and the Revolution - I Would Die 4 U
The Time - Jungle Love
Oscar Toney, Jr. - No Sad Songs
Shirley Ellis - Waiting
Black Grape - Reverend Black Grape
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - How Can You Luv Me
Metronomy - She Wants
Cults - Abducted
Säkert! - Weak Is The Flesh
Pomegranates - Prouncer
Neon Indian - Hex Girlfriend
Art of Noise featuring Tom Jones - Kiss (Prince cover)
Vanity 6 - Nasty Girls (that's the top of the mountain, we are chilling from now on)
Prince & the New Power Generation - Money Don't Matter 2 Night
Kool and the Gang - Joanna
Moby - In This World
Massive Attack - Live With Me
Velvet Underground & Nico - Sunday Morning
She & Him - Sentimental Heart
The 6ths featuring Sarah Cracknell - Kissing Things
Johnny Mathis - When I Fall In Love
Prince - The Beautiful Ones (I really hope he plays this next week in Toronto)
Smittens - 11:11 (and that's a wrap)


No comments:

Post a Comment