Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


March 9, 2013

Live DJ show Jane Bond.
Setlist for Coolest Thing About Love 16 - Best of 2012 Edition

Black Kids - Look at Me (When I Rock Wichoo)
Onward Chariots - Seven Miles Away
Orbit - Electric
Surfer Blood - Miranda
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Swim and Sleep (Like A Shark) (I went to see this guy in Toronto last week)
Pants yell! - Kids Are The Same
Hot Chip - Motion Sickness
Wild Nothing - Nocturne
The Ice Choir - Two Rings
Tower of Power - Diggin' On James Brown
Etta James - Seven Day Fool
Courntey Jaye - Queen of Sabotage
The Intruders - Love Is Like A Baseball Game (played for the WBC and Spring Training)
TOPS - Diamond Look (one of my favourite songs of 2012)
Murder Mystery - Change My Mind
Comet Gain - A Kind Of Loving
Camera Obscura - French Navy
The Smittens - Burning Streets Of Rome (obviously not the last time we will hear from them)
Hospitality - Friends of Friends
Friends - Friend Crush (that last song about friends worked well, let's see how this one does)
Saint Etienne - Last Days of Disco
Lower Dens - Stem
Rae Spoon - I Can't Keep All Of Our Secrets
Grimes - Genesis
Kasabian - Club Foot
The Heavy - That Kind Of Man
Slow Club - Giving Up On Love
The Rosebuds - You Better Get Ready
Yuck - Get Away
Veronica Falls - Broken Toy
Sugar - Helpless
Haim - Forever
Casper and the Cookies - Jennifer's House
Those Dancing Days - I'll Be Yours
The Drums - Submarine
This Many Boyfriends - Young Lovers Go Pop!
Joy Division - Transmission
New Order - Sugercane (from a release called Lost Sirens - leftovers from their last alsum)
The Magic - Magic Love
Diamond Rings - Put Me On
Capital Cities - Safe and Sound (one of my current favourites)
Pet Shop boys - Requiem in Denim and Leopardskin
Stars - Hold On When You Get Love
Belle and Sebastian - If She Wants me (I really hope to see them this summer)
Stompin' Tom Connors - Sudbury Saturday Night (lots of requests for something by Tom)
Hawksley Workman - Little Tragadies
Freshwater Drum - Part Of Your Painting (a great song from a cassette that I have)
Broken Social Scene - Cause=Time (request)
The Playboys - I Got A Guy
Thee Headcoatees - First Plane Home
Lulu - The Boat That I Row
The Breakaways - That's How It Goes
The Whispers - I Can Make It Better
Jeffrey Osborne - I Really Don't Ned No Light
Orange Juice - Flesh Of My Flesh
Luscious Jackson - Naked Eye
Pulp - Disco 2000
The Style Council - Walls Come Tumbling Down!
Rich Aucoin - Brian Wilson is A.L.i.V.E.
Calvin Harris - Merrymaking at My Place
My Bloody Valentine - Angel
La Sera - Break My Heart
Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
Tullycraft - The Punks Are Writing Love Songs
Stompin' Tom Connors - Big Joe Mufferraw
Yo La Tengo - Is That Enough
Jens Lekman - The End of the World Is Bigger Than Love
Lucky Soul - One Kiss Don't Make A Summer
The Pipettes - Dirty Mind
Sandy Edmonds - Daylight Saving Time (let me the first to welcome you into Daylight Saving Time)
Jesse Ware - 100%
Dimitri From Paris - Shangri-La
Herb Alpert - Second Wind
The New Deal - Don't Blame Yourself
Levy - Rotten Love
New Buffalo with Jens Lekman - Inside (The Corrections)
Nite Jewel - In The Dark
Turbo Street Funk - Spadina Bus
The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
Stompin' Tom Connors - I Am The Wind
The Smittens - 11:11 (and that's the end)

No comments:

Post a Comment