Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


August 2020

Lots of my recent purchases from Bandcamp, especially taking advantage of the first Fridays of the month when Bandcamp gives all proceeds to the artists.


Best song I heard since the last show: Dream Nails - Jillian, see the video here here: 


Links from the show:

Find out more about Bandcamp Fridays here:


Link to video for Forever's "Make It Happen"


You can download the latest show directly here:
http://trepid.org/TCTAL/2020-08_final.mp3

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - August 2020

TALK - Theme
Dream Nails - Jillian
Girl In Red - Bad Idea
Carla J. Easton - Wierdo (f. Honeyblood)
Moto Bandit - Reacher
Pet Dreams - Endless Weekend
TALK
India Jordan - For You
Forever - Make It Happen
Planet 1999 - Party
Desire - Escape
Kaptan - Sucker
TALK
George Clanton and Nick Hexum - Driving My Car
Kevin Krauter - Patience
Bodywash - Follow
Joey Pecoraro - Gummy Bears and Sleeping In Alone
Mini Trees - Want Me To Stay
TALK - Random Ending
The Fall - Industrial Estate

The Coolest Thing About Love Podcast Homepage: thecoolestthingaboutlove.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment