Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


November 2020


Lots of great indie pop, kind of slowed down near the end, and a great blast from the past by Diamond Rings.

Best song I heard since the last show: The Very Most - I Live My Boring Dreams, listen to the song  here: https://theverymost.bandcamp.com/track/i-live-my-boring-dreams


Links from the show:

Link to the album by The Very Most's album "Needs Help":

Read the article about the current whereabouts of Diamond Rings:

Listen to the song "Chinese New Year" by SALES:


You can download the latest show directly here:
http://trepid.org/TCTAL/2020-11_final.mp3

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - November 2020

TALK - Theme
The Very Most - I Live My Boring Dreams
The Harriets - Cafe Disco
CASTLEBEAT - Shoulder (ft. Sonia Gadhia)
Love, Burns - Stormy Water
The Luxembourg Signal - Take It Back
TALK
Vansire - The Latter Teens
Couch Prints - Of Drawing
True Blossom - Yours
Ginger Root- Nominated
Gus Dapperton - Post Humorous
TALK
Diamond Rings - Hand Over My Heart
Better Person - Something To Lose
ford - 4:38 am (ft. Barrie)
EGOISM - Here's The Thing
SALES - Renee
TALK - Random Ending
Brendan Benson - Cold Hands, Warm Heart

The Coolest Thing About Love Podcast Homepage: thecoolestthingaboutlove.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment