Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


January 2021

 All the songs that made my best singles of year played in order.


Best song I heard since the last Best of the Year show:  Boy Pablo - Hey Girl, see a live version of the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16-H1CozG3g

Links from the show:

See the videos for all the songs here:


You can download the latest show directly here:
http://trepid.org/TCTAL/2021-01_final.mp3

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - January 2021
TALK - Theme
Boy Pablo - Hey Girl
Khruangbin - Time (You And I)
TOPS - I Feel Alive
Vansire - Central Time
The Very Most - I Live My Boring Dreams
TALK
Alice Pheobe Lou - Witches
Pheobe Bridgers - Kyoto
Caroline Rose - Feel The Way I Want
MICHELLE - Sunrise
The Booyah! Kids - Don't Trust Me
TALK
Lionel Boy - Are You Happy Yet
Best Ex - Gap Tooth (On My Mind)
The Harriets - Darlin'
The Magnetic Fields - (I Want To Join A) Biker Gang
Hannah Georgas - That Emotion
TALK
George Clanton and Nick Hexum - Driving In My Car
Poolside ft. Amo Amo - Around The Sun 
Snow Coats - Poor Girl
Japan, Man - I Like To Wait
TALK 
Jelani Aryeh - Stella Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment