Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


March 2021

Finally a chance to play some newer music after the best of shows.  I managed to start off each set with a song from 2021 along with some others during the sets.  After 2 sets of indie pop more on the electro/pop side, the last set when more towards rock, with Kiwi Jr. starting if off.  They remind me of the Canadian garage bands of the 90s. 

Best song I heard since the last show: The Very Most - I Live My Boring Dreams, listen to the song  here: Claud - Overnight - YouTube

Links from the show:

Find out more about Luna Li here:

Buy the latest album by Kiwi Jr.:


You can download the latest show directly here:
http://trepid.org/TCTAL/2021-03_final.mp3

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - March 2021

TALK - Theme
Claud - Overnight
Frances Forever - Space Girl
Luna Li - Cherry Pit
MICHELLE - Unbound
Rubblebucket - Fruity
TALK
Petite League - New Tricks
Neil Brogan - 20/20
Nudista - Masters Of The Universe
Mitch Davis - Bear The Cold
Terry vs. Tori - Heathers
TALK
Kiwi Jr. - Cooler Returns
bis - Life As We Know It
Randolph's Lane - Serious
Grrrl Gang - Ghost To You
Olivia Jean - Hot Sauce
TALK - Random Ending
New Order - Crystal

The Coolest Thing About Love Podcast Homepage: thecoolestthingaboutlove.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment