Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


May 2022

After a first set that was very international, the rest of the show was a bit more mellow.

Best song I heard since the last show: No Frills - Copy Cat, see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPYg7N9leo

Links from the show:

Find about Sophie Meiers:

https://sophie-meiers.bandcamp.com/album/things-will-change

Nilufer Yanya's history:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nil%C3%BCfer_Yanya

The info about Weaves:
https://www.nme.com/news/music/graham-coxon-and-rose-elinor-dougal-team-up-to-form-the-waeve-london-lexington-show-something-pretty-3208402

 
You can download the latest show directly here:

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - May 2022

TALK - Theme
Hatchie - Lights On
Alice Pheobe Lou - Underworld
My Idea - Crutch
Crystal Eyes - Wishes
Belle and Sebastian - Talk To Me, Talk To Me
TALK 
Nilufer Yanya - Stabilse
LEISURE - Be With You
Lionel Boy - Shadowboxing
Max Leonard and Indigo - Pretty Boy
Sophie Meiers - Collar
TALK 
Empress Of - Dance For You
Sparkling - Not The Right Place
Weave - Something Pretty
jeanines - That's Okay
Honey2Honey - Baby
TALK - Random Ending 
Frankie Cosmos - If I Had A Dog


The Coolest Thing About Love Podcast Homepage: thecoolestthingaboutlove.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment