Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


October 13, 2006

Theme: Accordion Fever
On Air: Frank


The accordion themed show went very well, and again before I scare anybody off from listening to the show, I only started off each set with a song that contained some accordion. As well during each talking break I read some selections from the Geoff Berner booklet: How to be an Accordion Player, get more information about it here: http://www.geoffberner.com/introduction.htm

Note that unlike the Corrine Bailey Rae song, I am aware that the Lilly Allen song "Smile" is a popular song, but I played it anyway. The third set came from music that I had recently purchased from the great indie pop website: www.poppolar.com

After the side projects set I was made aware that I had done a great injustice by not playing the band Dump after playing Yo La Tengo (Dump is a side project of Yo La Tengo's James McNew), I corrected this great injustice during this show.


TALK - Theme

The Rascals - Groovin'
Amp Fiddler - Right Where You Are
Lily Allen - Smile
Bic Runga - Say After Me
Hawksley Workman - You Me And The Weather (C)
TALK
Wet Spots - Blitzkrieg Polka (C) **See Note 1
The Snow Fairies - The Life Of A Total Square
The Besties - Prison Song
Sandro Perri - Circles
Axel Yngvell - The Great Big Saturday
Nils Folke Valdemar - The Taking Off Of Pants
TALK (poppolar.com set)
The Cajun Ramblers - Venez A Louisianne (C) **Digital Tape
The Pipettes - One Night Stand
Cats on Fire - The Smell of An Artist
The Tidy-ups - Death To The Tidy-ups
Pipas - Basements
Lake Holiday - Don't Stay Forever (C)
TALK
They Might Be Giants - Istanbul Not Constantinople
Wax Tailor - Que Sera
Junior Boys - So This Is Goodbye (C)
Memphis - In The Cinema Alone (C)
Two Hours Traffic - Jezebel (C)
TALK
Jens Lekman - Julie (Remix)
Square Root of Margaret - The 3-D Breeze (C)
Yo La Tengo - Point and Shoot
Dump - Erotic City
The Reverb Society - Shake Don't Stir (C)
TALK
Geoff Berner - We All Gotta Be A Prostitute Sometime (C)


Note 1: The show was during the annual Oktoberfest festival in Kitchener-Waterloo and this song mentions the festival.


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment