Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


April 11, 2008

Theme: RIP NQRS
On Air: Frank

For this show I spent the first set lamenting the loss of a great podcast that after about a year of putting out great indie-twee called it quits. The podcast was called Not Quite Rocket Science and each show had a theme like boy/girl vocals, cover songs, and one titled "Pa pa pa pa ra pa pa pa pas!". And if you remember back a few months, most of the my last Christmas was stolen from them. It looks like the main website is no longer working, but you can get see some of the shows here:

http://www.last.fm/user/miss_ladybug/journal/

There was also a set based on a link that Derek sent to me (http://www.saidthegramophone.com/archives/2008_04_07.php) that mentioned David Barclay who was a member of show favourite The Diskettes, along with many other musical projects. As well as music that David actually made, I also got a few ideas for the set from the mp3 blog that he contributes to : http://www.popsheep.com/

I also went through a lot of my backlog of leftover songs but I was glad to get suggestions from Michelle, Milosz, and Stephen P.



TALK-Theme (Not Quite Rocket Science set)
The Maybellines - On And On
Boy Crazy - Stark Street
Breezy Porticos - Ramona, Just The Other Day
The Lil'Hospital - Big Sister In Hollywood
Pocketbooks - Every Good Time We Ever Had
TALK
B'ehl - My Everydays (C)
Urban Surf Kings - And The Horse You Rode In On (C)
Moofish Catfish - Lightbulbs
Fishboy - Taqueria Girl
Henry Faberge and the Adorables - Favourite Kisses
Lacrosse - Sunshiner
TALK (David Barclay set)
The Endless Bummer - Ride On (C)
Hedgehog - I Am On Your Own
Lady Bird - Forgot How I Roar
Terry Jacks - It's Been There From The Start (C)
The Diskettes - Close Friends Go (C)
TALK (Rockin' set)
The Constantines - Hard Feelings (C)
Scratching Post - Blood Flame (C)
Merry Makers - Monument To Me
Throw Me The Statue - About To Walk
Light Speed Champion - Dry Lips
TALK
Simply Saucer - Almost Ready Betty (C)
TacocaT - Peeps **Thanks to Michelle
Strip Squad - You Cream My Pants
High Water Marks - The Leaves
S'Ambassadeur - That Town **Thanks to Milosz
TALK (Dancing set)
Los Campesinos - Drop It Doe Eyes
The Ting Ting - Great DJ
Kim Kio - Kapali Kapali Kapali
Parker Lewis - Disappear Here
Electronic - For You **Thanks to Stephen P
TALK
Crystal Castles - Vanished


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment