Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


April 25, 2008

Theme: Carl!! and Wesley Willis
On Air: Frank

My top song this week was most definitely the oldest top song I have ever had, the reason I heard it was that I watching a documentary on the rise of British music in the 60s and they discussed the Yardbirds who originally featured Eric Clampton on guitar. But this particular song "For Your Love" is the song that drove him out of the band as he considered himself a serious musician and didn't want to do the kind of light fare that the band was doing. Of course the song fits pretty well into the type of pop that I play on my show.

Before this show I went to see a couple of music related documentaries at the HotDocs festival in Toronto, you can hear my reviews on the podcast. There was also a set of music about the CARL! festival that went on the weekend after the show at the fantastic Trepid House, a private house in Waterloo that puts on a lot of great shows.

And on a sad note, I ended the show with the Frank Sinatra song "I'll be seeing you" as a tribute to Mr. Jeffery Millar who unfortunately passed away a few weeks before the show. Jeffery was a friend from Waterloo back in my IMPRINT days, he was a fantastic person who will be missed.

TALK-Theme
The Yardbirds - For Your Love
Under the Pines - My Architechs
Data Rock - I Will Always Remember You
Doug Hoyer - Emma (C)
Must Be Tuesday - My Boyfriend's Girlfriend (Isn't Me) (C)
TALK
Bellevue - I've Been Meaning To Get Thearapy (C)
The Wet Secrets - Get Your Own Apartment (C)
Minus The Bear - Throwin' Shapes
The Sound Of Arrows - Danger!
TALK
Wesley Willis - Jello Biafra
Dead Kennedys - Viva Las Vegas
The Johnnys - I'm Hot (I Get What I Want) (C)
Cassius - Rock Number One
TALK (Carl!! Festival Set)
The Liptonians - Charlie's Back (C)
Mixylodian - Free For All (C)
Sunparlor Players - If The Creeks (C)
Horses - 14 Years (C)
Lake Of Stew - Water Bill (C)
TALK
Katie Stelmanis - Join Us (C)
Rick White - Birds And Bees (C)
Los Campesinos - Knee Deep At ATP
The Heavy - Coleen
Lyrics Born - Like It, I Love It
Little Dragon - No Love
TALK
Frank Sinatra - I'll Be Seeing You




(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment