Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


May 2021

As my top song was on the electro side, the rest of the first set also went that way.  The next set went a bit harder before ending the show very, very laid back.

Best song I heard since the last show: Jordana - Push Me Away (ft. Magdalena Bay), see the video  here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiMuVlJKpYA

Links from the show:
See the article on Enumclaw:

Link to T.hanks Bandcamp page:


You can download the latest show directly here:
http://trepid.org/TCTAL/2021-05_final.mp3

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - May 2021

TALK - Theme
Jordana - Push Me Away (ft. Magdalena Bay)
Amiture - Thief
Dreamer Boy - Lightspeed
Cold Cave - Night Light
Boy Harsher - Country Girl
TALK
Enumclaw - Fast N All
Sweeping Promise - Cross Me Out
Soft Kill - New Age (Blitz)
David Bazan - Keep Trying
Wy - Shiba Inu
TALK 
Denyah - Easy Baby
Island Letter - Shuggie Otis
oddCouple - Reflections (ft. Jamila Woods)
Doss - Strawberry
T.hanks - All The Boys I Know
TALK - Random Ending
Vancouger - Distance


The Coolest Thing About Love Podcast Homepage: thecoolestthingaboutlove.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment