Of course I named the show after the great album by the Smittens and I pay homage to the band by using a clip of their song 11:11 for my theme. I hope the band doesn't mind, but when I have talked to various members of the band after shows they seem like nice people whom I think would be good with it.

I also use this name for my DJ night happening occasionally at the Jane Bond in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you. (Note that prior to 2018 I called my podcast FireballXL5, so don't be confused if you look at an old setlist)

Special thanks to Jeff Woods for finding my a place to host my mp3s!


June 2021

The top song this week was by The Slow Summits a four-piece band from Linköping, Sweden who were nice enough to message me to share their latest song.  This song went well with the rest of the indie pop first set, then note the various space references in the second set and the more laid back third set.

Best song I heard since the last show: The Slow Summits - Then Again, listen to it here: Then Again | The Slow Summits (bandcamp.com)

Links from the show:

Find out about The Sunday Records compilation Something Beautiful:

See the Bandcamp page for Space Cubs:


You can download the latest show directly here:
http://trepid.org/TCTAL/2021-06_final.mp3

For information on how to sign up for the podcast or join the Facebook group, see the bottom of this message.

The Coolest Thing About Love Setlist - June 2021

TALK - Theme
The Slow Summits - Then Again
Fortitude Valley - Cassini
Hazy Sour Cherry - I Need Your Heart
Letting Up Despite Great Faults - Gold
Mariana In Our Heads - Next Night
TALK
Space Cubs - Space Playboy
Space Daze - Don't Mind
Beach Vacation - Mustang
Das Beat - Jackie
Poster Paints - Number 1
TALK 
Grace Ives - Mirror
Jaja Bu - Bibles
Goth Babe - I Wanna Help Your Mind
Sedona - Drifting Days
Boski - SayHiToUrDog
TALK - Random Ending
Mr. Scruff - So Long


The Coolest Thing About Love Podcast Homepage: thecoolestthingaboutlove.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment